Why You Should Always Use a Local Real Estate Agent to Sell a Home
Someone local is better than someone cheap. Agents from the area of the property are going to do more to sell your property for the right price. They rely heavily on the perception of them in the local community and are less likely to screw you over because it will come back to bite them. Also they know what a house in the area will go for and, more importantly, how far they can push buyers.
The main reason you go to a agent to sell your house is :
- they do marketing/ OFI ( open for inspection) for you. (usually marketing is at a fixed price + extras if you want)
- they handle all the offers/negotiations.
- they will know who are time wasters/bargin hunters.
- they will get up early in morning to put out signs on OFI day
- they will try to get the highest price for your house because then they get more commission
People cheap out on agents think they are saving 2-5Ks by doing it themselves. but it doesn’t work like that, you end up losing a lot more because you wouldn’t know how to negotiate and handle buyers. Also, selling a house isn’t a game, its a stressful business, and you would rather have that stress on some else.
Tips to find a good agent is, when you call 3-4 or how many agents you want, dont contact them for like a week or 2. WAIT for them to contact you, if they contact you and keep on contacting for least 2 weeks, then they are who i would go with. most agents wont bother contacting you after a appraisal because they are lazy dogs. Make sure you do your research and show some knowledge of the area; agents are salespeople after all, and not always your best friend.
- Investing with No Money or Credit - May 30, 2018
- Real Estate Investing vs Stocks - May 27, 2018
- Real Estate Investing vs 401K - May 24, 2018
- New Rob Palano Real Estate Book! - May 23, 2018
- Investing in Your 20’s - May 21, 2018
- What is Buy and Hold Investing? - May 18, 2018
- Long Term Investing Planning - May 15, 2018
- Real Estate Investing Tips - May 12, 2018
- Investment Strategies for Today’s Rental Housing Market - May 7, 2018
- Real Estate Negotiating for Beginners - March 15, 2018